Introducing Bytes 🎉 - A platform to share bite-sized learnings!
Common platform to share and consume all the learnings!
Table of Contents
- Introducing Bytes! 🎉 - Bite-Sized Learning
What is Bytes?
Bytes is a platform to share bite-sized learnings of any tech topics.
What inspired me to create Bytes?
There are so many content creators out there that post such good content on various social media platforms. Due to that, the knowledge gets lost between their posts and the social media itself.
So why not have a single platform where they could post their knowledgeable content.
This idea helped in the creation of Bytes!
Github : github.com/ShubhamVerma1811/Bytes
Live - bytes.vercel.app
The Tech Stack of Bytes
- NextJS - SEO and SSR support
- HarperDB - As a Database!
- Firebase - Authentication and Storage
- TailwindCSS - For design and styling
Usage of Bytes!
If you are a user on Bytes, you can:
- View and share any Bytes of the creator
- React to bytes as many times as you like!
If you are a creator and you'd like to upload on Bytes.
- You can Sign Up on Bytes
- Go over to the Upload page
- Add your byte title, tags, and images of your byte.
- That's it. It's that simple to upload content on Bytes! -Share your bytes on other platforms.
Features of Bytes
- The user can Filter bytes by tags
- Search all posts of the user
- They can share the bytes of their favorite creators on social platforms.
- All the user avatars in Bytes are unique to the User's Name.
- They look cute too!
- As the name of the website is Bytes, the reactions to the posts are also considered a byte!
- So, if a post had 1024 🔥 reactions, it would display it as 1KB 🔥.
- Get it? 1024 Bytes = 1KB. Cool right!
- The HashNode - HarperDB hackathon was a great opportunity to make something like Bytes
- Until the hackathon, Bytes would run in demo mode, meaning it'll only allow "4" images per post to reduce spam.
- If people find Bytes useful, in the future, Bytes could be an invite-only website where genuine content creators could post their learnings!
- And it's Open source so, anyone is open to contributing/fork this project!
- I will be writing a separate blog explaining the technical parts of Bytes!
Twitter - Shubham Verma